Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tomorrow, Spring

So, another week of work under the belt. My first day at JOB 2 was insane. There's only one creative person in that company, with only one Macintosh. Guess who that would be? Anyway, my boss has made it clear that anything I need to get myself comfortable, just ask and I'll receive. Even to the point of a new Mac! It took a lot to get me caught up, but then again, there was a huge backlog of work and they hadn't had a designer gracing that Mac for a few weeks! Unfortunately, too, the last designer who'd left on maternity leave had to leave BC for a family matter, and this made it hard to get around her system - she had everything password-protected!

In came a Mac-repair consultant, a Swiss relation of ours, to the rescue. He fixed and got me (and my password) recognized into the system, though I'm now locked out of a lot of files! Par for the course when restoring passwords on a computer! I just copied over what files I needed that were locked, and am now on my merry way. At some point, I'll hope to get this lady into the office so that we can go over all relevant (and non-relevant) files, as it's looking pretty hairy between my hard drive and the secondary (much larger) external drive.

Weather-wise, things are looking quite Spring outside. We took most of the day yesterday to have a Yard Sale, selling off some stuff that had accumulated over the months, mostly old things from Europe. Last night, we saw a play at Performance Works Theatre on Granville Island, and now it's Sunday almost noon; we're about to take off cycling around False Creek and over the Burrard Bridge. There's not a cloud in the sky; our neighborhood is active with runners, cyclers, walkers, coffee-drinkers, all heading to and fro, either to the 4th Avenue shops or to the beach! So far, more are heading towards the sea!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend (those in Eastern Canada, sorry to hear there's more snow headed your way)! -

Signing off,

Ariane C

2 comments:

J.J. Guerrero said...

It's beautiful out there. I can't wait until beach volleyball season starts! :)

Ariane Kitspace said...

Oh yeah! Two days now threatened with rain, and this gorgeous morning sunshine (shouldn't say another word) - let's hope for that magic tonight and Friday against the Wild eh!