Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It Ain't Much

As they say in The Netherlands, 'It ain't much if it ain't Dutch'. Well, Ad and I took part in the Vancouver Oranje Club meeting last month and made some common bonds with fellow (ex)countrymen and ladies. We met at Dockside Pub and enjoyed an evening of Dunglish (that's Dutch intertwined with English) and met a lot of people in similar past and present situations. If you're interested, have a look at this link and click on the group photo at the top left. There we are!

Our mighty Van Canucks are just not up to speed these days, having lost an embarassing match last night against St. Louis, 1-4. Really now, what IS eating the Canucks? With several more road games looming, we do hope they'll get their mojo back, and soon. How else are they going to qualify for the playoffs later on?

Speaking of sports news, I'm still trying to keep up my walk/jog routine along the Kits Seawall. I'll be taking a couple of intro (read:free) Pilates classes this week, around the corner at Proactive Pilates: Body Rolling, and Pilates on the Ball. Sounds interesting? I'll keep you informed, as I'm curious myself!

Off now to read the Van Sun,

Ariane C

No comments: