Monday, June 26, 2006

Heatwave Summer

As Vancouver is in full heatwave mode, Ad and I have been attending all the local festivals around town. I volunteered for the World Urban Festival all week, and was treated to several free theatrical and world music performances at the weekend. Here's a photo I took of Shimmer, an Aboriginal dance troupe, complete with didgeridoo!



Last week saw the Commercial Drive festival and the Dragon Boat Festival (photos below) both completely different scenes and with the World Cup activities, it's been non-stop!









Vancouver is now hosting the World Peace Forum, and the highly anticipated arrival of the Peace Boat will make its way to Vancouver's harbour this coming Wednesday. As I'm fighting a bit of a stomach flu right now, I'm hoping to get better in time to board the boat and enjoy the festivities planned for the evening.

With the long holiday weekend coming up, Ad and I have rented a car and will go for a hike in the area, see a baseball game on Canada Day evening and try to stay cool through this quite warm end to June!

No comments: