Friday, February 16, 2007

Ah, Back in the Sea

With mild temperatures and dry weather (for now), I headed to Granville Island this morning to get back into the Telkwa Sport model kayak I so much missed these past couple of months. Many cormorants back from their migration and an eagle hovering above me made the couple of hours all the more enjoyable. As heavy rain is on forecast for tomorrow, I'm thinking of heading indoors to the Outdoor Adventure Show at BC Place.

What's so nice about this city is that one moment you can be out on the bike headed to a paddle, the next moment on a bus headed downtown. I'll never tire of all the things going on here in any one particular day! After The Police spent a week up in North Van rehearsing for the recent Grammy Awards Show in LA, they've now decided to tour after all these decades! The tour is set to start in Vancouver, end of May. TIckets are already on sale 'by bid' and Ticketmaster officially opens to the public tomorrow morning. I'm thinking the show will sell out within an hour and they'll end up adding a date. A visit to Ticketmaster's website confirms what I thought I might find: ticket prices anywhere from 60 upwards to over 250 bucks CDN. Craig's is already starting to pop up with adverts - people selling tickets for 350 a piece! When I think of a one year kayaking pass costing that much, it's hard to consider going to the show. There was as great article about the group in last week's Georgia Straight if anyone caught it : )

Happy weekending, and Happy Chinese New Year - Gung Hei Fat Choy! That would be this Sunday…

Ariane C.

No comments: