Friday, November 25, 2005

The Fog has Turned to Rain

Now that Chopper 9 can move freely about Vancouver and surroundings, he was up on Burrard Street last night for the lighting of St. Paul's Hospital, a yearly tradition, along with Christmas carollers and local media on hand. The seaplanes have returned to flying to and from Vancouver Island after four days as well. I heard from locals this morning that the recent fog spell hasn't been this intense since the 50's, when people would accidentally drive into False Creek because the fog was so thick. If anyone has any experience or news relating to this, please post and let me know!

The mighty Canucks did it again last night, beating the San Jose Sharks 3-2. The third period really kicked butt. Don't take my word for it, the Canucks hockey blog link I've listed on the right has got great game coverage!

Sinterklaas came today to our home. Ad's parents sent us a care package from Holland, with chocolate letters, speculaas, marzipan and warm socks! Dankjewel : )

In other non-related news, I'm going to volunteer at the upcoming GDC Christmas party, with its Cuban-inspired music and decor. Should make for another good round of networking, not to mention my first official Vancouver holiday party.



Man, people do really love their pugs! I found dozens of blogs pertaining to the little lovable creatures. Here are a few…
Pugarama
A Pug's Life
Pugtalk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ariane - the Blogger setting I meant is "Who can comment?" If you set this to Anyone, I don't have to log in with my Blogger id in order to comment.

I think that's it, anyway.

And no, Shropshire is in the grip of cold north winds, snow and ice at the moment. And I got a puncture in my bike tyre fetching the paper this morning.

Graham