Friday, November 18, 2005

Vancouver Canucks and Graphex



Guess I'll start by saying that the weather here has taken a turn for the sunnier. We got a long bike ride in yesterday along Spanish Banks and Jericho Beach, gloves, fleece warm-ups and all. Job hunting sometimes needs a break. Last night, the Canucks tried their hardest to beat the LA Kings, and had a great second period, only playing their hearts out in the end and losing by a remarkable 4-5. On to Anaheim tonight, hopefully they can beat the Mighty Ducks! Player 44 on our team, Todd Bertuzzi, is the local badboy and on his way to a good season. He's easy on the eyes too : )

Today I'm off to attend and volunteer for the Graphex '06 event at the Pacific Palisades Hotel's Mambo Room. The event judges and panel will be giving a talk on Canadian design and discuss their work, amongst other things. I figure why not involve myself with the design community sooner than later; networking is always smart. You never know who you'll be directing to the coat rack…

Before I engage in that event, however, I'll be off for an appointment at NextPhase Strategy. Hopefully. One of the partners has been trying to line up the two key people for me to meet for over two weeks now. I'll keep the cell handy on my morning walk.

So many great articles appearing in the Georgia Straight and local indy papers over the candidates for tomorrow's election. Should be interesting. Did I mention that Santa's coming to town? On Sunday, there will be a Christmas Parade through the streets of downtown Van. We may decide to go, as that will motivate us to head FURTHER East to the Eastside Culture Crawl.

No comments: